Capacity: 4 • Number of rooms: 2 • Number of bathrooms: 2

Smitswinkel (The Smithy) is the oldest house on the farm and indeed in the valley. The original simple two-roomed cottage was built around 1725 as the home of the first farmer, Jurgen Hanekom. In the 1800s, the house was extended and converted to accommodate a smithy (blacksmith's shop) and a wheelwright.

Today, the restored house has a wealth of original Cedarwood doors and Cape antique furniture. It has two en suite double bedrooms (one with an extra-length double bed and one with two singles) and a large entertainment stoep.

Scroll to Top